Kansas NORML is about EDUCATION
We focus our activism on education because we believe that’s the most logical approach. After decades of misinformation and paranoia about marijuana, it’s time to provide Kansas citizens, including our legislators, with ACCURATE information about:
- The benefits of medical marijuana for the seriously ill.
- How agricultural hemp could rescue our state’s struggling farmers and boost our economy.
- The incredible level of harm caused by marijuana prohibition in our state and across our nation.
If you agree that it’s time to
END MARIJUANA PROHIBITION
here are some easy ways to help:
- Contact your representatives in Washington & Topeka and let them know that you, a hard working, tax-paying constituent, want to see medical marijuana, agricultural hemp and/or decriminalization legislation introduced in the next session. We have several legislator links on our site to make the process as painless as possible! If you contact them by e-mail, include links to NORML and other responsible advocacy sites and encourage them to investigate a different point of view than the misinformation they’ve been force-fed for decades. (We’ll soon have some pre-written letters available for anyone who would rather use those.)
- Become a member of NORML at the national and/or local level. NORML never publishes or releases the name of any member who wishes to remain anonymous.
- Establish and maintain a NORML chapter in your area.
- Yep, send us money. If none of the other options are for you, you can always help us by contributing ANY amount. Kansas NORML is certainly a non-profit organization, constantly struggling to keep up with operating expenses: printing and copying of educational materials, postage, web hosting, and that sort of thing. Most of our members help by contributing their own money, in addition to the time they invest. Even the smallest donation will be very much appreciated by all of us.
What we do, we do for:
- every Kansas resident who enjoys using marijuana recreationally
- every patient in Kansas who suffers needlessly because medical marijuana isn’t an option
- every Kansas farmer who could once again support his or her family by growing industrial hemp.
We could sure use “a little help from our friends.”
|“Marijuana smokers themselves must provide the energy and the resources to end marijuana prohibition;
no one else is going to do this for us.”